As part of the LoveLula Accredited Blogger Program (LLABP), I get to select the products I want to review.
Today’s post is all about Rossi Uvema, a UK brand whose products are based on 100% natural ingredients.
“ Rossi’s roots lie in one woman’s frustration with the questionable ingredients in high street skincare brands and her concerns that “natural” doesn’t always mean natural.
Extensive research into natural oils and ingredients led to her developing her own set of unique skin care products designed to target particular skin characteristics and needs.
That was nearly 10 years ago and that woman was my wife and I knew we had to share her skincare secrets with the world so I launched Rossi, named after her, using her exclusive formulas. ”
Their philosophy is based on purity, balance and wisdom.
- Purity – With Rossi Uvema, natural really means natural. Not 90% natural or even 99% natural, only the purest 100% natural ingredients are used in Rossi products to give skin nourishment and radiance. We don’t use Parabens, Sulphates (SLS or SLES), petroleum’s, triglycerides, PEGs, plastic fillers (eg. Nylon –yes, some skin care brands use plastic fillers to support their claim that they make their customers look younger !), synthetic fragrance (often identified as parfum) – we only use pure natural essential oils, and we don’t use synthetic preservatives such as phenoxyethanol or benzyl alcohol.
- Balance – Looking younger and healthier doesn’t need to be complicated. We believe in using high quality 100% natural personal care products together with a balanced lifestyle to promote health, vitality and wellbeing.
- Wisdom – Our unique formulas combine the active botanicals of nature with advanced techniques to create skincare that helps you look and feel your best. We’re passionate about pure skincare and for almost a decade the Rossi team have been dedicated to researching and sourcing the very best natural ingredients.
I’m really drawn to their ethics – they are registered with the Vegan Society and are also official sponsors of Clean Oceans International…whose goal is the elimination of plastic pollution from the world’s oceans.
Now onto the products I chose…
Rossi Uvema Complete Skincare Regime with Free Cleansing Oil | £34.20
- Rossi Uvema Astragalus & Shisandra Face Moisturiser 50ml
- Rossi Uvema Chamomile & Lavender Face Toning Mist 100ml
- Rossi Uvema Rice Bran & Borage Seed Face Cleansing Oil 100ml for FREE (worth £14.75)
Rossi Uvema Rice Bran & Borage Seed Face Cleansing Oil 100ml
A natural oil cleanser blended from Jojoba, Borage Seed and Avocado oils. Excellent for sensitive skin.
We use only pure high quality cold pressed oils which will gently cleanse and moisturise the skin. No essential oils are added to this product to avoid any stinging when removing make up from around the eyes.
RICE BRAN OIL
A wonder oil for the skin, Rice Bran Oil is a very light oil that is easily absorbed. It can help improve the skin’s elasticity, maintain softness, soothe irritations, improve complexion and even skin tone. Rice bran contains Squalene, Gamma-oryzanol, Carotenoids beta-carotene and lycopene, Enzymes co-enzyme Q10 and polyphenol oxidase and a number of minerals including calcium, potassium and magnesium. Rice bran oil was traditionally used by women in Japan to keep their skin smooth.
BORAGE SEED OIL
The Borage flower is often referred to as the “starflower”. It is one of the richest known sources of GLA, an essential fatty acid. Gamma Linolenic Acid (GLA) of the omega-6 family has been shown to be one of the most effective agents for the maintenance of healthy skin.
Borage seed oil is growing in popularity with quality beauty brands because of it’s positive effects on skin texture, suppleness and moisture content. It is beneficial as a treatment for a number of minor skin conditions such as dry skin, eczema, inflammation, minor wounds and dermatitis.
HOW TO USE
Apply some to a cotton pad with the spray dispenser and gently wipe over the required areas. Alternatively, spray a little into the palm of your hand, massage gently into the required areas and then wipe off, wash off or remove with one of our Toning Mists. This is a gentle cleanser that doesn’t contain any harsh ingredients, so a couple of applications might be required where heavier make up is used.
This cleanser is such a delight to use. First of all the scent is yummy…and reminds me of marzipan. My favourite type of cleansers are oils and balms.. I personally feel they give my skin a deep cleanse without irritating or stripping my skin, unlike some cleansers that strip the skin of it’s natural oils which in turn creates an imbalance and causes the skin to produce even more oil!
Cleansing oils are very effective as oil dissolves oil. They cleanse the pores of excess oil, dirt and bacteria gently and effectively, leaving the skin balanced and healthy.
- I start off by warming the cleaning oil in my palms as this helps to spread the oil evenly on my face. Make sure your hands and face are dry before applying.
- I gently massage the oil into my skin with my fingertips for 1-2 minutes, concentrating on congested areas.
- I soak a muslin cloth in hot water, wring it out and then place over my face. This helps to melt the oil and steam my skin.
- I repeat this process using the muslin cloth to gently remove any excess oil.
I absolutely love this cleansing oil. My skin feels more balanced and I have less blackheads and whiteheads.
Rossi Uvema Chamomile & Lavender Face Toning Mist 100ml
Use this blend of 100% pure organic English Chamomile & French Lavender flower waters as a light skin cleanser and toner, or just to refresh your skin during the day. No essential oils
- Gentle Chamomile & Lavender flower waters
- To soothe, refresh or cleanse the skin
- Recommended for sensitive skin
Particularly beneficial for sensitive skin, English Chamomile Flower Water has a fresh subtle grassy scent. Gently antiseptic, good for general toning and conditioning and to soothe tired skin. Also good for environmental defence – Chamomile will soothe wind chapped and skin which has been over exposed to the sun.
Used since Roman times, Lavender Flower Water calming to the senses and is ideal for cleansing and toning for all skin types, but especially for sensitive skin.
I often overlook using a toner in my skincare regime. Using this toning mist has definitely made a difference. After cleansing, I spritz onto my face before applying my moisturiser. My skin feels more refreshed and my moisturiser absorbs better.
Rossi Uvema Astragalus & Shisandra Face Moisturiser 50ml
A rich natural face cream for dry or mature skin. Can be used as a day moisturiser under makeup or on its own, as well as a night time moisturiser.
Formulated with organic Shea Butter, Golden Jojoba, Borage and Rosehip oil to nourish & soothe dry skin and help reduce the appearance of skin ageing. Enriched with Rose essential oil, renowned for improving skin tone and thread veins.
ASTRAGALUS ROOT EXTRACT
The Astragalus root is a well known active botanical in Chinese medicine. The herb known as Radix Astragali contains antioxidant flavonoids and sterol derivatives called astragalosides. These give rise to cycloastragenol which, according to a research study from Hong Kong, stimulates a key anti-ageing enzyme in cell cultures of human keratinocytes, one of the most abundant cells in the skin epidermis. The Astragalus herb is also well known for its skin healing properties and its positive effects on the circulatory system. High in antioxidants and promotes the production of hyaluronic acid.
SHISANDRA BERRY EXTRACT
A potent, some say “miracle”, anti ageing supplement, the Shisandra berry has powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Another well known herbal extract in Chinese medicine, the Shisandra berry has been considered a life extender and youth enhancer.
BORAGE SEED OIL
This oil is rich in Essential Fatty Acids and in particular GLA, an Omega 6 Fatty Acid. It has also been shown to be effective in the treatment of dry/damaged skin tissue.
The rose scent is subtle and shouldn’t really bother those who don’t like rose scented products!
Rossi Uvema Rhassoul & Strawberry Powder Face Mask 85g | £13.50
MOROCCAN RHASSOUL CLAY
Superior natural deep cleansing mineral rich clay with high absorption properties which will pull-away impurities from the skin to leave it feeling refeshed and purified.
Packed with vitamin C and valuable omega 3, strawberry is a great skin conditioner and gives this mask a delicious fruity scent and feel.
Overall I’m very pleased and impressed with the products I chose. They are highly effective and the added bonus is the prices are great.
I hope you enjoyed this post.
Have you tried Rossi Uvema? Check out more products at LoveLula
* This post contains affiliate links and the products were sent to me as part of the LLABP.