I love cooking and I love my gadgets. We were recently selected as part of a review panel to try out the BOSCH MUM58720GB Kitchen Machine.
The powerful kitchen machine in deep red / Silver for versatility when cooking and baking.
I was excited to try out this Bosch Kitchen Machine. I have to say the deep red/silver finish is eye catching!
My counter top is practically full so I was pleased this mixer is quite light and compact. It comes with a good amount of accessories which are things I use quite often.
- Powerful 1000 W motor makes processing even large amounts of up to 1 kg of flour plus ingredients a breeze.
- 3D PlanetaryMixing: Fast and perfect mixing of all ingredients; thanks to the improved planetary mixing system with a unique stirring movement in three dimensions, all at the same time. This is one feature I think every mixer should have. It ensures all the ingredients are thoroughly mixed without having to keep stopping the machine to scrape the sides.
- 7 speed settings, plus pulse function, for extra versatility and the perfect speed for every task
- Electronic speed control
- Integrated cable storage – the automatic cable retraction keeps it all tidy so no more long messy cables.
- EasyArmLift: Easy and effortless moving of the 3 zone multifunctional arm, at the push of a button
- Easy to clean with dishwasher safe accessories
- Gentle start up
- Automatic stand-by setting of tools for easy filling of bowl
- Big partly brushed stainless steel bowl 3.9L with a special inner shape – for up to 2.7 kg of cake mixture or 1.9 kg yeast dough
- Continuous shredder incl. 3 discs (reversible slicing disc, reversible shredding disc, grating disc medium-fine)
- Stainless steel beater, whisk and dough hook attachment
- Plastic liquidiser attachment 1.25 l for blending drinks, pureeing fruit and vegetables, crushing ice cubes…
- Practical dark grey accessory bag for storing the patisserie set is a great addition which means I don’t have to store the accessories in a drawer and spend time searching for them.
- Interactive Recipe DVD
- Transparent lid with filler hole
- All plastics that are in contact with food are BPA free
- Rubber suction feet for extra stability
- Overheat protection
- Electronic safety shut-off
This machine feels very solid but what’s great is its not heavy . The suction feet at the bottom keeps it well grounded and it does not vibrate or shake even when its on the highest speed.
If the accessories or attachments are not fitted properly, for instance if you leave the lid off the blender, the machine will not turn on. This is a great safety feature.
I found all the accessories and attachments easy to use and clean afterwards. If you have a dishwasher, many of the parts are dishwasher safe.
Putting it to the test…
The blender was able to crush ice easily when I made a smoothie.
Prepping ingredients can take time…having to manually slice, chop, grate etc is hard work. The continuous shredder is a great time saver.
I also put it to the test making my favourite chocolate cake batter.
Now onto a few things I think BOSCH could include:
A spatula – for scraping batter from the mixing bowl.
A recipe book – the interactive DVD is great but I would rather have a recipe book.
Overall I’m quite impressed with this mixer and look forward to creating more recipes.
I hope you found this review helpful. Please feel free to share your thoughts with me.
Until next time,
Disclaimer – I received this product as part of a selected review panel. All views shared are entirely mine.
3 thoughts on “Review: BOSCH MUM58720GB Kitchen Machine”
Thanks for this great review. Very interested in buying this product – want to know if you can use it to make mince from a joint of meat with one of the blending / slicing functions?? For example – using up leftover beef from roast dinner to make mince for bolognese or lasagne etc. Thanks so much !
which one is more sturdy for kneading dough? this bosch mum 5 or the kenwood chef sense? i wonder because so many youtuber post both kenwood and bosch head “tilt and down” when kneading dough. thankyou so much for your help
Hi, My experience using both I would say the Kenwood is more sturdy when kneading dough. I hope that helps.