Ad: Gifted products received for review purposes. As always I give honest and unbiased reviews of products I receive.
I’ve been a huge fan of CurlyEllie for a number of years now. They are a brand that I wholeheartedly love and support and my family enjoy using all their products. I have reviewed their products several times on the blog. You can check out my first review here.
Well I’m really excited to share that multi-award winning CurlyEllie have now released CurlyEllie Intense. The new collection launched last month.
I launched the CurlyEllie Original Collection almost 6 years ago, driven by my desire to create a range of natural hair products to manage my daughter Ellie’s curly hair, without irritating her skin and scalp.Over the years, with the help of our amazing communities feedback, support and amazing reviews, it wasn’t long before some prestigious awards followed.
Many adults using the CurlyEllie collection required more intensive nourishment and protection due to an active outdoor lifestyle, straighteners and hot irons, frequent styling and many scalp irritations.
So, I decided to focus on developing a very bespoke collection to look after
scalps, help with inflammation, dryness, heat protection, environmental protection
but also continuing our ethos of easy, perfectly defined curls…
– Zaina OHalloran, Founder of CurlyEllie
CURLYELLIE INTENSE WINS AT THE MARIE CLAIRE 2021 HAIR AWARDS – BEST NATURAL FORMULA
CurlyEllie Intense, the new range by CurlyEllie, the haircare brand for curly locks has been awarded Runner Up at the 2021 Marie Claire Hair Award. This is a huge achievement with CurlyEllie only launching on 15 March 2021.
- Plant based and sourced in an ecologically conscious way.
- Manufactured locally in the UK
- Free from silicones, parabens, sulfates, SLS/SLES, wheat, dairy, synthetic fragrances or mineral oils to irritate scalp or skin
EMBRACE YOUR BEST HAIR
Exceptional plant based hair care collection inspired by the natural world for
Curly, Dry, Damaged, Frizzy, Sensitive, Irritable and Wavy Hair
THE INTENSE COLLECTION
You are 3 steps away from frizz free, healthy and hydrated hair.
To be used in three simple steps:
STEP 1 – Indulgent Conditioner – Designed to condition, detangle, repair, soothe and smooth.
- Our Indulgent Hair Conditioner uses gentle natural emollients and conditioning agents to soothe and smooth stressed hair
- Supports your hair with a blend of Borage, Babassu, Abyssinian and Broccoli seed oils, and moisturising Shea butter to treat dry, frizzy, tangled and damaged hair.
- Helps enhance colour retention and easy detangling using gluten free Quinoa.
Aqua (Water), Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, Cetearyl Alcohol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Orbignya Oleifera (Babassu) Seed Oil, Behentrimonium Chloride, Glyceryl Stearate, Borago Officinalis (Borage) Seed Oil, Bis-(Isostearoyl/Oleoyl Isopropyl) Dimonium Methosulfate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Parfum (100% Natural Fragrance), Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5), Brassica Oleracea Italica (Broccoli) Seed Oil, Crambe Abyssinica (Abyssinian) Seed Oil, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Hydrolyzed Quinoa, Chlorella Vulgaris Extract, Oleyl Alcohol, Propanediol, Lactic Acid, Citric Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Benzyl Alcohol, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Limonene, Linalool.
The conditioner is thick and creamy and has a lovely fresh scent. Apply generously after shampooing. Work through hair with fingers or wide tooth comb.
It gives my hair slip and moisture which makes it easy to detangle. I leave it on for 10 minutes then rinse out thoroughly. My hair was incredibly soft, smooth and shiny afterwards.
STEP 2 – Leave-In Conditioner & Styling Cream – Designed to weightlessly soften, smoothen and style for improved shape, natural shine and definition.
- Weightlessly helps to minimise frizz using natural fruit and seed oils of Abyssinian, Broccoli, Camelina and Babassu seed.
- Uses a natural amino acid complex to penetrate each hair shaft enhancing colour retention, easy styling, providing powerful protection from environmental stress and enhancing natural shine.
Aqua, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Behentrimonium Chloride, Brassica Oleracea Italica (Broccoli) Seed Oil, Camelina Sativa (Camelina) Seed Oil, Crambe Abyssinica (Abyssinian) Seed Oil, Hydrolyzed Quinoa, Orbignya Oleifera (Babassu) Seed Oil, Parfum (100% Natural Fragrance), Cetrimonium Chloride, Citric Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Benzyl Alcohol, Coumarin, Limonene, Linalool.
The consistency is nice and creamy and it has the same scent as the Indulgent conditioner.
Use on wet or dry hair as a weightless finishing cream for moisture, definition and hold. Finish off with our Brightening Oil.
My usual regimen includes using a leave-in and then a creamy butter or moisturiser as a styler. I was completely wowed by how well this leave in worked on my hair. My curls were super defined, soft and shiny.
STEP 3 – Protection and Radiance Brightening Hair Oil – Designed to Seal in the Leave In Conditioner, repair, treat and to boost shine and softness.
If you have never used a hair oil as part of your healthy hair routine, this is perfect time to start.
You hair and scalp will thank you.
- Visible heat protection and 24 hour frizz control.
- Designed to repair broken hair bonds and boost shine and softness using a blend of natural seed and fruit oils including Castor oil, Grapeseed oil, Olive oil and Abyssinian oil.
- Uses a natural silicone alternatives made from renewable tung, castor and rapeseed oils to prevent heat damage and impart a natural gloss to each strand leaving your hair and scalp more resilient.
- Cares for your hair and scalp
Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grapeseed) Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Castor Isostearate Succinate, Shea Butter Ethyl Esters, Glyceryl Rosinate, Crambe Abyssinica (Abyssinian) Seed Oil, Brassica Campestris/Aleurites Fordi Oil Copolymer, Parfum (100% Natural Fragrance), Glyceryl Oleate, Olea Europaea Oil Unsaponifiables, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Citric Acid, Linalool, Limonene, Coumarin.
The oil has a medium consistency and doesn’t feel greasy or weigh my hair down at all. I use it after the leave in conditioner to seal in the moisture and add shine.
It can be used as a deep treatment to protect your hair – Leave it on your hair overnight and rinse out in the morning. It can also be used before applying heat when your hair is wet or run it through dry hair to smooth down frizz and flyaways.
I’m really pleased and impressed, I can’t believe the results I got with just these 3 products. My curls are super defined, frizz free, soft and shiny!
Check out my video review to see the products in action.
Use my discount code LOLA10 for a 10% discount on the website. Available until the end of April.
Until next time,