Ad: Gifted products received for review purposes. As always I give honest and unbiased reviews of products I receive.
Our armpits are one of the most sensitive areas of our body, so we need to be as gentle as possible when caring for them. I switched to natural deodorants a couple of years ago and it’s been hit-and-miss.
I generally avoid deodorants that contain sodium bicarbonate, but I recently decided to give bicarb deodorants another chance and have come to regret it.
Within a few days, I developed a severe reaction. My armpits were sore, itchy, bumpy, painful and discoloured. I have learnt my lesson the hard way and will stick to bicarb-free deodorants.
It was time to give my armpits some much needed TLC with some underarm care products from Elsa’s Organics.
Elsa’s Organic Armpit Detox Mask
Elsa’s Armpit Mask clears and soothes clogged pores with an infusion of nutrient rich botanicals and earth minerals. The activated charcoal, bentonite clay and African Black Soap deep cleanses the skin. The organic White Willow Bark further exfoliates with its beta acids, which gently removes build-up and balances the pH of the skin.
- Africa Black Soap – This ancient soap formula is a mixture of plants and fats have been used for centuries for beautiful skin and hair. Like any soap should, African black soap is an effective topical cleanser. The lauric acid in palm kernel oil and coconut oil creates a nice lather and is naturally antimicrobial. Due to the presence of shea butter and other moisturizers in African black soap, it will clean your face and pits without stripping oils from the skin.
- Activated charcoal – deep cleanses by draws bacteria, poisons, chemicals, dirt and other micro-particles to the surface of skin.
- Bentonite Cay – This powerful Clay is drawing and detoxifying, and instantly reduces the appearance of pores. It also happens to be rich in nourishment and helps to encourage cell turnover. It can be too drying for some skin types, which is why recommend always keeping your mask hydrated for the best possible results.
- White Willow Bark – Like most plant extracts, willow bark contains flavonoids and tannins—powerful antioxidants that help protect skin from environmental stressors. The organic White Willow Bark further exfoliates with its beta acids, which gently removes build-up and balances the pH of the skin.
- Camu Camu Powder – Both the camu camu fruit and seeds are rich in nutrients and powerful antioxidants, including vitamin C and flavonoids.
- Matcha Green Tea Powder is powerful antibacterial agent known for treating acne and unclogging pores and also is antioxidant rich. Provides optimal nourishment and antioxidant activity.
- Chamomile –provides cooling soothing relief for delicate armpit skin.
Bentonite Clay, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Fruit, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Kernel Oil, Theobroma (Cacao Pod) Ash.(African Black Soap), Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Activated Charcoal (Coconut Shells), Salix Alba (White Willow Bark) Extract*, Cannabis Sativa (Hemp Seed) Powder*, Myrciaria Dubia (Camu Camu)Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Matcha Green Tea) Extract*, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter*, Magnesium Oxide, Anthemis Nobilis (Roman Chamomile) Oil*, Limonene, Linalool, Geraniol. *Certified Organic, – naturally occurring in essential oils.
I’m a big fan of powder masks as I get the chance to customise them according to my personal needs. I alternated between mixing it with apple cider vinegar and aloe vera to help restore my PH and soothe my skin. It felt cooling on my skin which brought me some much-needed relief. I love how the formula deep cleanses, draws out impurities and toxins and restores balance to my skin. I also enjoyed using it as a face mask, it left my skin soft, smooth and radiant.
HOW TO USE
- Mix 1 teaspoon of powder with 1/2 teaspoon of water into a paste.
- Apply to clean, dry areas for 10-15 minutes.
- Massage and lather into pits with fingers, wipe off and rinse with warm water. To be used daily for up to 14 days for natural deodorant transitioning, and or once a week for maintenance.
Instead of using water. You can customise this mask by using apple cider vinegar, aloe vera, or your existing cleanser.
Elsa’s Organic Armpit Restore Serum
Treats irritated skin and ingrown hairs
This silky, intensely moisturising serum quickly reduces irritation and calms the skin after hair removal. Easily applied in a thin layer as a calming and hydrating treatment mask for particularly tender skin. To be used straight after hair removal and then between times to help prevent ingrown hairs and leave the skin soft and hydrated. Every single ingredient in the Armpit Serum was formulated to heal and nourish the skin, the formula contains no stabilisers or fillers.
- Helps clear dark underarms and hyperpigmentation – 2% BHA Salicylic acid gently exfoliates the outer layer of your skin and prevents new ingrown hairs from forming.
- Helps build elastin and fight dark spots – Cupuacu butter is rich in omega fatty acids & high in Vitamin B. It is considered a “super-moisturiser” because of its hydrophilic (water-loving) properties.
- Helps to reduce dark spots and irritation – Plum Seed Oil is high in Vitamin C content. Rich in skin-protective properties, such as Omega 6 and 9 fatty acids, and powerful antioxidants.
- Accelerates skin repair by promoting cell renewal – The Lactobacillus Ferment (Probiotic Extract) .
- Helps cell repair and growth – Blue Spirulina gives the serum a beautiful blue hue, it’s highly nutritious, containing 8 essential amino acids.
- Helps combat skin conditions such as redness, rashes, sensitive skin, roughness & irritation – Blue Tansy essential oil is known for being highly anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial oil. Blue Tansy and Calamine.
Squalane (Olives), Prunus Domestica (Plum) Seed Oil, Theobroma Grandiflorum (Cupuacu) Seed Butter, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil*, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter*, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed wax, Calamine, Lactobacillus Ferment (Probiotic) Extract, Salicylic Acid, Spirulina Platensis Extract, Tanacetum Annuum (Blue Tansy) Flower Oil*, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil*, Copaifera Officinalis Resin*, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Limonene, Linalool, Geraniol, Coumarin.
*Certified Organic, – naturally occurring in essential oils.
I love the soft whipped consistency of this serum. It also has a sweet, floral and woody aroma that calms the senses. The formula is concentrated so a little goes a long way. It spreads very easily and absorbs quickly.
It helps to soothe, repair and calm my skin. It works really well as a mild deodorant, and I also found it effective as a primer before my deodorant.
I’m so pleased my armpits are now healed. This serum is really effective and works well on anywhere you shave, pluck or wax.
How to use:
Massage a tiny amount into clean dry pits, or anywhere you shave, pluck & wax or grow hair.
To prevent ingrown hairs, apply a thin layer of serum to the affected area. Repeat once a day as hair starts to re-grow. To treat existing ingrown hairs, exfoliate the area and apply directly to individual spots twice a day until improvement is seen.
Can be used as a mild deodorant (at least 24hours of protection), and or as a primer for your deodorant once the serum is fully absorbed into the skin.
Perfect for pre-shaving and post-shaving use.
Melt a tiny pea size into the skin, concentrating on sensitive areas – it will absorb and disappear into skin leaving no trace of colour or tint.
This silky serum will leave your skin feeling silky smooth and nourished.
Have you tried any of Elsa’s underarm care products? Let me know in the comments.
Until next time,