If you or someone you know suffers from sensitive, very dry skin or eczema, you know it can be a tough and painful experience.
As parents of kids with eczema, we are always on the look out for natural and non-steroidal treatments.
We are pleased to be collaborating with Comvita to help share the benefits of their Medihoney range.
The Medihoney® Natural Skincare range has been designed by Comvita to help care for sensitive, dry or eczema prone skin.
The whole range contains Medihoney® Medical grade Manuka honey and is certified natural by the Natural Products Association™ (NPA).
It is free from parabens, fragrance, SLS, and petrolatum. Dermatologically tested, it is suitable for even the most sensitive skin and provides a gentle solution for babies and children with eczema.
Marcia and I were each sent a set of the following to review.
- Comvita Medihoney Natural Skintensive Cream (95g)
- Comvita Medihoney Natural Derma Cream (5g sample)
- Comvita My Little Health cotton bag
For the day to day management of very dry skin
- Helps visibly soothe dry, itchy skin
- Fragrance free and pH balanced
- Independently certified natural
- Dermatologically tested
- Gentle for the whole family including babies from 3 months.
I have very dry skin and my hubby and kids suffer from eczema. Their eczema tends to flare up occasionally. So at the time of testing, the only one with a flare up was Annaliese. Her eczema is mainly around her neck and back. It can be very annoying as she is constantly itching causing her skin to sometimes bleed.
Her skin is scaly, bumpy and extremely itchy.
After a few days of use, she stopped itching and her skin has calmed down which is a relief.
I like the consistency of the Skintensive cream – light and creamy with a slight honey scent.
My body is extremely dry especially my hands and feet. I was pleased with the results I got once I started using the cream.
After using Skintensive Cream
I’m really pleased with the results so far and highly recommend this for anyone looking for natural solutions.
My son Thomas has suffered with eczema and hayfever since birth, and athough it has improved drastically throughout the years by adapting his diet; it’s still very much a painful recurrence – especially during spring and summer.
He has been using the Skintensive cream for the last 3 weeks with positive results.
The consistency is runny and easy to spread. It has a pleasant mild scent of honey and is immediately absorbed into his skin; which is a huge bonus for an impatient teenager.
It is also a perfect maintenance solution to prevent further skin breakouts.
So far so good, his skin is moisturised and he feels comfortable. Win win!
A rich emollient cream with Medihoney® sterilised medical grade Manuka honey, Aloe vera and Chamomile extract to hydrate and soothe red, itchy skin.
- Suitable for very dry and eczema prone skin
- Helps reduce redness and itching due to dryness
- Fragrance free
- Dermatologically tested
- Effective for the whole family including babies from 3 months
The derma cream is rich and to me is more of an ointment than a cream.
It looks and feels like raw manuka honey, so as you can imagine it is rather sticky. I preferred to use it at night on affected areas. It is definitely effective over time.
We also tried the derma cream sample but found the texture rather sticky, it’s very similar to pure raw honey – Tom wasn’t sure about it and rinsed it off, but I’m pretty sure when the going gets tough he’ll choose it over prescription hydrocortisone cream.
I know him too well, just give it time.
Now here’s your chance to win and get to try the products we reviewed for yourself.
In collaboration with Comvita, one of our lucky readers will win:
Comvita Medihoney Natural Skintensive Cream (95g)
Comvita Medihoney Natural Derma Cream (5g sample)
Comvita My Little Health cotton bag
HOW TO ENTER:
This competition will be powered by Gleam.
Click on the link below and follow the instructions to validate your entry.
Win a Comvita Medihoney Natural Skintensive Cream (Including Dermacream Sample & Cotton bag)
Closing date: 10/06/2016 11.59PM GMT
Terms & Conditions
- Entrants must log in via Gleam and answer the question in the widget – this is the ONLY mandatory task. You can gain extra entries in the draw by completing the extra tasks.
- Their will be ONE winner chosen from all the valid entries.
- Open to UK residents aged 18 and over.
- The closing date for entries is 10th June 2016 at 11.59pm GMT.
- One entry per household .
- The winner will be selected by the random winner generator on Gleam. The validity of their winning entry and the mandatory requirement will be checked.
- The winner will be notified within 24 hours of the giveaway ending via email and must respond within 7 days with a postal address to claim their prize.
- The prize is not transferable and there is no cash alternative.
- This giveaway is not associated with or endorsed in any way by Facebook or Twitter.
- The prize offered for the giveaway is free of charge and no purchase is necessary.
- By participating in this competition, entrants confirm they have read, understood and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Lola & Marcia
*This is a collaborative post. All views are our own.