Ad: Gifted products received for review purposes. As always I give honest and unbiased reviews of products I receive.
I use probiotics everyday to maintain a healthy gut and I’m also a fan of probiotic infused skincare that help support a healthy skin microbiome.
Founded by Marie Drago a French Doctor in Pharmacy and a member of the French Society of Cosmetic Science, with over 15 years’ experience in successful and innovative skincare brands.
Leading researches in microbiology, I’ve become a skin specialist particularly on the skin’s microbiome.
At Gallinée we are the world’s first skin and haircare line dedicated to the health and wellbeing of Planet You. Your skin is made up of 1000s of good bacteria which form the protective layer called the microbiome. If the microbiome becomes unbalanced or stripped away, then your skin becomes inflamed and sensitive. Does this ring a bell? Well, we have the solution for you.
At Gallinée we believe in working with your microbiome to help it to look after you. Our products contain a patented complex of prebiotics, probiotics and postbiotics to nourish and support the good bacteria that make your own personal ecosystem. Helping them to look after even the most sensitive skin.
I was sent two skincare products from their range to try out..
Gallinée Foaming Facial Cleanser (120ml | £15)
- Ultra gentle cleansing, non-stripping and pH5
- Soap-free formula
- Chantilly bouncy foam
- Suitable for skin prone to eczema
Gallinée Foaming Facial Cleanser is a gentle cleanser without soap, with an innovative biotic complex, containing lactic acid to help smooth the skin and prebiotics to nourish your skin’s protective ecosystem – the microbiome.
Containing 98% natural ingredients, it produces an incredibly fine and creamy foam created by the prebiotics for an indulgent experience.
Perfect for daily use, Gallinée Foaming Facial Cleanser purifies the pores without drying.
- PREBIOTICS: A mix of ultra-gentle fibres and sugars that feed your skin’s good bacteria and help support the skin’s barrier, with an antibacterial action against bad bacteria.
- LACTIC ACID: The gentlest of AHAs, lactic acid helps the skin to stay at its optimal pH level and has hydrating and softening properties. Gallinée uses a slow-release form to suit even sensitive skin.
- PHYSIOLOGICAL PH: All Gallinée products are made to match the optimal pH of the skin and the microbiome. This is especially important when you are cleansing your skin – you will really notice the difference.
- WITHOUT: Doesn’t contain colourants, SLS, parabens, mineral oils, silicones, microbeads, phenoxyethanol or methylisothiazolinone.
AQUA (WATER)* COCAMIDOPROPYL BETAINE* SODIUM LAURYL GLUCOSE CARBOXYLATE* LAURYL GLUCOSIDE* GLYCERIN* LACTIC ACID* ALPHA-GLUCAN OLIGOSACCHARIDE* INULIN* STYRENE/ACRYLATES COPOLYMER SODIUM CHLORIDE* CITRIC ACID* PERFUME (FRAGRANCE) ARGININE* SORBIC ACID SODIUM HYDROXIDE* TETRASODIUM GLUTAMATE DIACETATE SODIUM BENZOATE LIMONENE
Massage gently onto wet skin, taking particular care around your eyes.
Rinse and pat your skin dry.
I love to use this cleanser as part of my morning routine or when I double cleanse in the evening.
First of all I really love the scent of this cleanser, I’m not sure though if the fragrance is natural or synthetic. Just one pump is sufficient for my entire face and neck. The foam is light and creamy and it goes on smoothly on the skin. I love how it gently cleanses and exfoliates my skin removing dirt, impurities and excess oils without stripping my skin of its natural oils.
The foam rinses off easily leaving my skin thoroughly cleansed, smoother, brighter and calmer afterwards.
Gallinée Face Vinegar (200ml | £23)
Our cult toner for an instant glow
Soothes & reduces redness in sensitive skins, purifies & exfoliates oily skin.
Pores look smaller, skin is brighter.
Prebiotics and gentle acids support the skin microbiome.
Reset your skin with the Gallinée Face Vinegar
Reset your skin with the Gallinée Face Vinegar. The best toner for sensitive skin and for oily skin, it purifies and tones without stripping the skin The Face Vinegar contains Actibiome, a novel prebiotic that works to calm stressed skin and prevent it from further irritations alongside gentle postbiotic acids that allow the skin’s beneficial bacteria to flourish.
The second active is the Hibiscus-infused Apple Cider Vinegar. This toning ingredient improves skin in three distinct ways:
- Purification: Rich in acetic acid, with astringent properties, to gently dislodge dirt and unhealthy bacteria. Another important ingredient is tannins, which has been found to regulate sebum.
- Protection: Full of antioxidants that help stop free radicals from attacking and degrading skin cells. Oxidative stress is reduced so the skin can remain protected from external ageing factors.
- Proliferation: A recognised AHA (alpha hydroxy acid), the gentle exfoliating action stimulates cell renewal for a smoother, refined finish. It also helps minimise the appearance of blemish scarring.
AQUA (WATER)* PROPANEDIOL* GLYCERIN* 1,2 HEXANEDIOL ALPHA-GLUCAN OLIGOSACCHARIDE* PENTYLENE GLYCOL INULIN* LACTIC ACID* ACETUM (VINEGAR) MARIS AQUA (SEA WATER) ARGININE* HIBISCUS SABDARIFFA FLOWER EXTRACT LAMINARIA DIGITATA EXTRACT SACCHARIDE ISOMERATE SODIUM HYDROXIDE* PHENETHYL ALCOHOL* SODIUM BENZOATE POTASSIUM SORBATE
I’ve made a DIY Apple cider vinegar toner in the past but wasn’t so keen on the scent. The scent of this face vinegar is not overpowering which is great.
This is a refreshing face vinegar that soothes and purifies the skin. I apply a few drops to a cotton pad and gently sweep over cleansed skin.
It doesn’t sting at all and I love that it doesn’t dry out my skin but rather leaves it balanced. Overall I’m really pleased with how my skin looks and feels. It leaves my skin refreshed, visibly smoother and brighter.
I have really enjoyed using these two products and I’ve definitely noticed an improvement in my skin overall.
Have you tried Probiotic skincare? Why not check out the range at www.gallinee.com