I’m all about taking better care of myself and that includes taking supplements to support my health and wellbeing.
Our immune system is incredibly important for maintaining optimal health as it works to neutralize and remove pathogens like bacteria, viruses, parasites or fungi that enter the body, recognize and neutralize harmful substances from the environment, and fight against the body’s own cells that have changes due to an illness.
The gut is often referred to as our second brain. With up to 80% of our immune system cells located in our gastrointestinal tract, a strong immune system starts with a healthy gut.
Our microbiome plays a vital role in our overall health and wellbeing as it can help control everything from mood to brain health, weight, digestion, vitamin synthesis and immune function.
I love using health and wellbeing supplements from Garden of Life as their blends are made from organic whole foods and naturally-occurring beneficial and diverse bacteria strains that support gut health.
Garden Of Life Vitamin Code Raw Kombucha – 60 Capsules
Vitamin Code® Raw Kombucha includes the best attributes of Kombucha’s origins – the potent B vitamins, probiotics, digestive enzymes and high polyphenols from black tea – delivered to you sugar-free in convenient capsules.
- RAW Whole Food B Vitamins for Energy
- High-Polyphenolic Black Tea Supports Healthy Metabolism
- Live Probiotics and Enzymes Support Healthy Digestion
Traditional Kombucha is a fermented beverage made from black tea and sugar. I’ve tried it a few times and it can be expensive to drink everyday.
The capsules are easy to swallow and a convenient way to enjoy the benefits of Kombucha at a fraction of the price. It is a great supplement for strengthening your immune system, boosting energy and improving digestion and metabolism.
Garden Of Life Whole Food Magnesium – Raspberry Lemon – 421.5g
One of the most important trace elements in the human diet, magnesium plays a pivotal role in supporting a number of essential functions in the body.
Dr. Formulated Whole Food Magnesium powder is a delicious, fizzy drink that will help calm and relax you, leading to a good night’s sleep, while restoring your body’s optimal magnesium levels.
- Contributes to a reduction in tiredness and fatigue
- Contributes to normal muscle function
- Helps to maintain the balance of electrolytes in the body
- Supports the maintenance of normal bones
- Non-GMO verified, Gluten-free, and certified Vegan
- Delicious raspberry lemon flavour
 Magnesium contributes to a reduction of tiredness and fatigue; Magnesium contributes to normal psychological function
 Magnesium contributes to normal muscle function
 Magnesium contributes to electrolyte balance
 Magnesium contributes to the maintenance of normal bones
Magnesium is one of the most important trace elements in the diet. It can have multiple health benefits, including:
- Contributing to normal muscle function
- Contributing to reducing tiredness and fatigue
- Contributing to normal psychological function
- Contributing to electrolyte balance
- Contributing to the maintenance of normal bones
Magnesium also supports a strong immune system as it plays a role in the conversion of Vitamin D into its active form. In addition, one of our body’s most important and powerful antioxidants, glutathione, requires magnesium for synthesis.
Approximately 80% of people are deficient in magnesium, so many of us may be deficient and not even know it.
I regularly incorporate magnesium into my daily routine. I’ve tried magnesium oil but overall prefer using the whole food powder.
It makes a delicious, fizzy drink that I like to enjoy just before I go to bed. It helps me to relax, de-stress and get a good night’s sleep while restoring my body’s magnesium levels. It helps relieve muscle cramps so is a great product if you suffer from PMS or painful menstrual cramps.
It also contains live probiotics to support healthy digestion and occasional constipation.
Garden Of Life Primal Defense Ultra – 60 Capsules
Primal Defense Ultra is the ultimate high potency, broad-spectrum probiotic formula, providing a 15 billion live cell count per day of 13 species of beneficial cultures including soil-based probiotics called Homeostatic Soil Organisms.
- Formulated to deliver 15 Billion CFU¹ in a 3 capsule serving
- 13 beneficial species, including Homeostatic® Soil Organisms (B. subtilis) and S. boulardii
- S. boulardii and B. subtilis can thrive in the toughest digestive environments and are undeterred by stomach and bile acids
- Promotes healthy digestive balance
- Supports normal absorption and assimilation of nutrients
- Helps support digestive comfort
- Supports normal digestion of dairy products
- Helps maintain a healthy immune system
This is my go-to probiotic supplement. It doesn’t require refrigeration which is great if you have to travel. It is best taken on an empty stomach and the capsules are easy to swallow. If you are just starting out then begin with 1 capsule a day with 8 oz. of water and gradually increase to 1 capsule 3 times per day.
I love that it boosts my gut microbiome and creates a strong immune system. I’ve had positive results with digestion and regular bowel elimination. It also helps to improve skin conditions and control fungal overgrowth.
This is the perfect probiotic if you suffer from sluggish digestion, poor elimination, constipation, gas and bloating.
Do you take supplements to support immune health? I’d love to know your thoughts.
Disclosure – this is not a sponsored post. I purchased these products myself and this is my honest, unbiased review.